The Climate Choice’s mission is to give companies across industries the ability to drastically reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) impact through data-informed decisions. We’re achieving this by building a data-driven software platform that can guide our partners through their climate transformation.
Why join us?
- We have a mission with real world positive impact. We are striving to make a huge measurable difference and want you to make a big impact from day one.
- You have the opportunity to shape our company and create a great engineering culture from the ground up.
- We are ambitious, results-driven and set on rapid growth.
- We are creating a workplace where:
- Everyone is valued and heard.
- People can grow and learn.
- Integrity is a core value, and guides our work and behaviours.
- People are trusted and supported to do their best work.
- Happiness at work is a goal in itself.
- Remote working is a core strength, not a compromise.
As CTO, you will help us build a world class B2B SaaS platform for GHG reduction. We will give you the support and resources to build an engineering team from the ground up, and you will directly contribute to the growth and scale of the business.
You would join the initial leadership team, with a remit to help shape our future. We are multidisciplinary in nature and you would work closely with our other teams to help deliver on our goals. We are a remote-first team, and you will help us to enable our distributed teams to thrive.
You’re excited about:
- Enabling companies to drastically draw down their GHG impact and achieve net zero emissions by 2030 through a B2B SaaS solution.
- Developing a product from the ground up, working collaboratively and guided by insights from customer relationships.
- Wrangling and integrating data from a variety of sources, processing it and utilising it to deliver value as part of the core product experience.
- Shaping a company from an early stage, while establishing and scaling an engineering team.
- Using technology for good, and tackling one of the biggest challenges facing us all right now.
What you can expect:
- An opportunity to shape our technology, strategy and culture from a very early stage.
- To be directly involved in the product development and design process, as well the technical delivery.
- A great deal of hands-on development, particularly in the beginning stages of the product.
- Close collaboration with our Chief Data Scientist, working together to unlock the full potential of our data, including through the application of NLP and machine learning.
- Plenty of challenges and creative problem solving.
- Experience of building and leading end-to-end teams, particularly distributed teams, and place value on having a great working culture to match.
- The technical depth and breadth to drive the development of all parts of a data-intensive B2B platform from ingestion and analysis to UX and data security.
- A strategic outlook that helps shape the vision of not only our product but also our company as a whole.
- The proven ability to work independently and asynchronously, with your own team members and with the rest of the company, plus the ability to devise and implement scalable processes.
- An appreciation for documentation and good writing – you are concise and precise in your written communications.
- A love of building products, making things work and creatively solving problems.
- A drive to learn and continually improve yourself (we will support you).
- Fluency in English (German is also nice to have)
- A supportive team of highly motivated professionals with a strong track record of building companies and products.
- You will get support to develop your leadership and technical skills.
- A market-competitive compensation package.
The founding team is currently located in Berlin but we have a remote-first ethos. However, we require that you are resident and eligible to work in the EEA . We are happy to support EU Blue Card applications for relocations to Berlin.
If you would like to work with us, send us your CV and a cover letter, and feel free to show us your Github profile, blog or other projects you’ve worked on too.